There are close to 80,000 CFP professionals nationwide who are required by the CFP Board’s CE policy to complete 30 CE credit hours each reporting period. These 30 credit hours are broken down by 28 credit hours of General CE and two credit hours of Board-approved Ethics CE.
A majority of the 80,000 CFP professionals complete 94% of their required CE through a CE Sponsored Program. As such the Board is continuously looking to partner with new CE providers to offer a variety of content, format, and delivery. Annually the Board accepts over 14,000 programs submitted by 1,200+ CE Sponsors. Deliverables vary but more than 80% of the programs are offered live. The Board strongly recommends offering live events to improve search results which include stand-alone workshops, seminars, conference session and live webinars.
Steps to becoming Continuing Education Sponsor:
- Complete and submit sponsorship application online – REGISTER ONLINE
- Calendar year registration at an annual sponsorship rate of $500
- Upon approval of sponsorship application, CE Sponsors may submit specific program applications through the CE Sponsor Portal
- General CE Programs content must address one or more of the CFP Board’s Principal Knowledge Topics and meet CFP Board’s General CE Requirements
- Resource guides are provided by the Board to share best practices in course design and program delivery as well as follow the required evaluation criteria of CE Quality Partners. Click HERE to read guidelines for developing a quality live program or HERE for developing a quality online program
Sonja Formato, Director Distribution Consulting, says, “Firms who have approved presentations will broaden their reach in a non-product focused manner faster.”
Please reach out to your Relationship Manager or email email@example.com with any questions.
This article is not a solicitation of any investment product or service to any person or entity. The content contained in this article is for informational use only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional financial, tax or legal advice.